The BRC Storage and Distribution certification has been developed by industry professionals to create a practical quality management system for distribution businesses.
This standard enlists a common sense, risk-based approach to provide companies with a clear route to compliance.
Many retailers, manufacturers, and food service companies will require a BRC Storage and Distribution certification as part of their supplier approval process.
Please be aware that BRC is now called BRCGS – Brand Reputation through Compliance Global Standards. As such, we are in the process of updating our online content to reflect this change in branding.
Is the BRC Storage and Distribution Certification suitable for my business?
The BRC Storage and Distribution certification is appropriate for any business operating the storage and/or distribution of products. The standard accounts for all factors that influence the safety, quality and legality of stored and distributed produce.
The BRC Storage and Distribution standard examines the route of distribution for applicable food, packaging or consumer products, such as:
• farm to processor
• primary processor to manufacturer
• manufacturer of off-site warehousing
What are the benefits of BRC Storage and Distribution Certification?
Many logistics businesses operating the storage and distribution of products will find that potential or existing clients will look for a third party standard such as BRC across the entire supply chain. In passing the audit for BRC Storage and Distribution, logistics businesses can demonstrate that they are taking the necessary steps to ensure that the safety and quality of the products are maintained whilst it is stored and/or distributed.
The cost of a BRC accreditation audit will depend on the certification body you choose to conduct the audit and the number of days it takes to carry out the audit (typically one day).
- Protect your brand’s reputation
- BRCGS can create business opportunities
- Helps you comply with third-party supplier approval processes
- Gain a competitive edge
CFS BRC Storage and Distribution Guidance
We have a 100% track record for guiding our Storage and Distribution clients to passing their BRC audit, the majority of which were awarded the highest achievable grade of AA.
In all our services we apply a pragmatic approach and focus on bespoke routes to compliance. This allows us to guide our clients to compliance without creating unnecessary spend on time or costs.
An on-site audit comprises of:
• opening meeting to provide audit overview
• site inspection/storage facility (where applicable)
• document review of hazard and risk analysis as well as the quality management system
• traceability exercise and inspection of associated records
• vehicle audit
• closing meeting to review audit findings
BRC Storage and Distribution – Quality Management System Template Pack
For small businesses looking for a cost-effective route to BRC certification, we’re offering our tried and tested Quality Management System to guide users to compliance.
• Issue 4 compliant
• Extensive range of forms, with alternative options, designed to be user-friendly and time efficient.
• Provides you with the necessary tools to demonstrate compliance to the standard efficiently.
• BRC Compliant HACCP plan template with flow chart for a standard storage and distribution operation.
• Policy templates that meet with the requirements of the BRC S&D standard.
• Internal audit system including schedule, templates and corrective action plans.
• Audit success toolkit including audit checklist, a pre-audit checklist of key evidence requirements, staff Q&A Sheets, a summary of the key changes introduced in Issue 3, list of typical questions asked by auditors during an audit and example responses.
• 6 months free use of our online project management system to help with managing implementation and meeting the document control requirements of the standard.
For information on how your business can achieve a BRC Certification, enter your enquiry below or contact us directly on 08450 267 745.