The BRC Agents and Brokers standard has been created for companies in the food and/or food packaging supply chain operating the purchase, importation or distribution of products.
The procedures within this standard look to ensure product safety, quality and legality.
Businesses with BRC Agents and Brokers certification can demonstrate to new and existing customers that they have a robust product safety system in place to provide confidence in the quality and legality of their products.
“We have used CFS for a number of years and find them to be extremely professional whilst also becoming almost like a member of our own staff“
– Taylor Foods, Wholesale Seafood & Fish Supplier
Please be aware that BRC is now called BRCGS – Brand Reputation through Compliance Global Standards. We are currently in the process of updating our content to reflect this change in branding.
Issue 3 of the Agents & Brokers Standard has now been published. Certification audits against this new BRCGS issue will begin on April 1st 2022. If you need any assistance with implementing the necessary changes, we’re here to help.
Is the BRC Agents & Brokers Standard Right for My Business?
This BRCGS Standard is ideal for companies which purchase, sell or facilitate the trade of products – but don’t store, manufacture or process them. For example:
Agents: Companies that trade between a manufacturer or broker and their customers, but do not own or take title to the goods.
Brokers: Companies that purchase or ‘take title to’ products for resale to manufacturers, other brokers or retailers of food service companies, but not directly to the consumer.
Importers/Exporters: Companies that facilitate the movement of products across national boundaries, satisfying legal and customs requirements.
What Are The Benefits of a BRC Agents & Brokers Certification?
Many wholesalers and retailers will require suppliers to attain a third-party safety certification such as BRCGS across the entire supply chain. This provides wholesalers and retailers with confidence that the quality of the product is being maintained throughout the supply chain process.
In passing the audit for BRC Agents and Brokers, businesses can demonstrate to potential customers that they are taking the necessary steps to ensure that the quality of the product is maintained whilst it is under their control.
The cost of a BRC Agents and Brokers audit will depend on the certification body you choose to conduct the audit, and the number of days it takes to carry out the audit (typically one day).
There are many benefits to achieving a BRCGS Agents & Brokers certification, namely:
- BRCGS certifications are globally recognised
- Protect your brand’s reputation
- Helps create new business opportunities
- Helps build customer trust
- Helps you meet third-party safety standards
- Developed by industry professionals
What Does The BRCGS A&B Standard Cover?
• Management and commitment – the support of senior management is a crucial element in securing successful BRC certification. Sufficient resources, effective communication, system reviews and opportunities for improvement will be required.
• Hazard and risk assessment – a hazard and risk analysis must be documented, fully implemented and maintained in compliance with HACCP.
• Product safety and quality management system – establish requirements for document control, internal auditing, control of non-conforming products and the management of incidents and product recalls.
• Supplier and subcontracted service management – this section looks to ensure that products and services are only sources from approved manufactures with a traceable supply chain.
• Personnel – establish the level of the standard needed to ensure employees are adequately trained to carry out their duties.
Specialist Consultancy Services: How We Can Help
To efficiently achieve a BRCGS certification, our consultants specialise in developing bespoke solutions that minimise costs.
Our BRC Agents and Brokers consultants employ a pragmatic approach, which ensures that the systems we introduce are proportionate to the business and remove the risk of unnecessary spend.
We’ve got a 100% success rate of guiding our clients to certification. Here are some of our recent success stories:
- Scholten Foods , Grade: AA (A&B)
- CTCS, Grade AA (A&B)
- Ocean Fish, Grade AA (A&B)
- Kent Dairy Company, Grade AA (S&D)
- Flexopack, Grade A (Packaging)
For an idea of the costs of BRC certification or any other information, talk to an expert on 08450 267 745 or submit an enquiry below.